Ready to Make an Appointment?
Here’s what to expect during your visit at Life Choices:
- After being greeted by a receptionist and completing intake paperwork (please bring a photo ID if you have one).
- You will begin your appointment with a urine pregnancy test performed by a medical professional. Since a urine pregnancy test is only an indication of pregnancy, in order to verify a viable pregnancy, an ultrasound must be done.
- Next, you will meet with an advocate in a comfortable and confidential setting.
- If your pregnancy test was positive, you will have the option of a free Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound to confirm a viable pregnancy. An ultrasound will confirm if your pregnancy is in your uterus, if there is a heartbeat, and the gestational age.
- If you would like, we offer STI Testing and Treatment. Before making a decision about your pregnancy, it's important to make sure you do not have any sexually transmitted infections since unrecognized STIs can spread during a surgical abortion causing infection and possible pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Your appointment will take about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on what services you request.
- Feel free to bring a friend or boyfriend with you. We are here for your support and want you to feel comfortable at all times.
- Our ultrasounds will not tell a patient if the baby has a birth defect. If a patient is seeking this information, she will need to be seen by her OBGYN for a diagnostic ultrasound.